Exploring the Blackstone River Valley
Auburn | Blackstone | Burrillville | Central Falls | Cumberland | Douglas | East Providence | Glocester | Grafton | Hopedale | Leicester | Lincoln | Mendon | Millbury | Millville | North Smithfield | Northbridge | Pawtucket | Providence | Smithfield | Sutton | Upton | Uxbridge | Woonsocket | Worcester
Includes the villages of East Blackstone and Waterford
Settled in 1662, Incorporated in 1845
- Initially was part of Mendon, MA
- Home to World Series umpire Bob Stewart
- Blackstone-Millville Regional High School's Marching Band has been in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and has won numerous awards
- The Nipmuc are the Native People to this area
- The Blackstone River Greenway, a 3.7 mile paved section of the Blackstone River Bikeway, begins in Blackstone on Canal Street and ends up in South Uxbridge, MA. Along the way it passes a playground and crosses several bridges over the Blackstone River. It also passes a footpath to the Millville Lock. The Blackstone River Greenway is part of the Blackstone River & Canal Heritage State Park.
- Blackstone Gorge Bi-State Park can be found at the end of County Street, off Route 122. The park features a canoe launch, hiking trails, and a stunning waterfall. It is also part of Blackstone River & Canal Heritage State Park.