Exploring the Blackstone River Valley
Auburn | Blackstone | Burrillville | Central Falls | Cumberland | Douglas | East Providence | Glocester | Grafton | Hopedale | Leicester | Lincoln | Mendon | Millbury | Millville | North Smithfield | Northbridge | Pawtucket | Providence | Smithfield | Sutton | Upton | Uxbridge | Woonsocket | Worcester
Includes the Villages of Grafton Center, New England Village, Farnumsville, Fisherville, Centerville and Saundersville
Settled 1718, Incorporated 1735
- Originally inhabited by the Nipmuc Tribe
- The Hassanamisco Reservation is a State-recognized Reservation, still used today
- First White Settler was Reverend John Elliot, who preached Christianity to the Nipmucs
- The Bandstand in the Town Common was built in 1934-1935 for the movie, “Ah, Wilderness!”
- Home of the Willard House & Clock Museum
- America’s first Valentine’s Cards are manufactured by the New England Valentine Co. in 1879; a collaboration between Jotham Woods Taft and Esther Howland.
- Earl Tupper first produced Tupperware at his factory in 1938.