Includes the village of East Douglas
Settled in 1721, Incorporated in 1746
- Was originally known as the town of New Sherburn
- Due to the vast forests, Douglas had a major woodcutting industry and the famous Douglas Axe Company
- The New England Trunkline Trail tracks were used to haul ice from Wallum Lake as interstate commerce
- E.L. Jenks Store and Museum is a prime example of a typical New England country store from the 19th century.