Exploring the Blackstone River Valley



Includes the village of East Douglas

Settled in 1721, Incorporated in 1746

  • Was originally known as the town of New Sherburn
  • Due to the vast forests, Douglas had a major woodcutting industry and the famous Douglas Axe Company
  • The New England Trunkline Trail tracks were used to haul ice from Wallum Lake as interstate commerce
  • E.L. Jenks Store and Museum is a prime example of a typical New England country store from the 19th century.

Resource Links

Douglas Town Hall

List of Historical Cemeteries in Massachusetts

Douglas Public Library

Blackstone Valley Chamber of Commerce

Douglas Historical Society

Douglas Walking Tour

Leave a Comment